Monday, May 18, 2015

The General Epistle of Samuel (sore knuckles)

This week was quite good. We were able to find quite a few new people to teach so that has really been a blessing. The weather on the other hand has not been that great. It's been classic English weather so that means sunshine one minute and a torrential down pour the next. Despite the weather we've persevered. 

We've spent a lot of time tracting and speaking with people on the street. I've been reflecting on how this was for me when I first started my mission in Stratford. I remember being so scared to stop people because I didn't know how they would react or what they would say. I was always afraid that I wouldn't know what to say. Over time however I've come to experience the truth of the scripture found in section 100 of the Doctrine and Covenants, verses 5 and 6 which say, "Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say." So many times I have had this happen to me. Sometimes the ideas of what to ask or speak about comes to mind. Sometimes the verses of scripture I need will be given me. Even words have been put into my mouth and later I think to myself, "how on earth did I come up with that?!" I know it's because this is the Lords work and he directs it through us. He will not let us fail. 

The coming week will be quite full for us. We have more people to be meeting with plus we will be traveling to London for zone conference which I'm excited for. It'll be interesting how the conference goes now that everyone has iPads. I am so grateful to be serving and I'm thankful to all of you for your love and support. I look forward, as always, to hearing from you all again next week! 

Love, 
Elder Dalton 

Sent from my iPad
Selfie with George at church

My companion and I with the bishop. Bishop is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages/Comments for Elder Dalton